Banner

BannerFans.com

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Decrees and Buddies

So I started to put these things called "Life's Little Instructions" on Facebook and decided I'd be better off just putting them in here. I'm going to catch up with them in here and then just put a rules at the end of each post. See if you already abide by them or if you can do that starting in this new year, 2009.


1. Compliment three people every day.
2. Have a dog.
3. Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
4. Remember other people's birthdays.
5. Overtip breakfast waitresses.
6. Have a firm handshake.
7. Look people in the eye.
8. Say "thank you" a lot.
9. Say "please" a lot.
10. Learn to play a musical instrument.
11. Sing in the shower.
12. Use the good silver.
13. Learn to make great chili.
14. Plant flowers every spring.
15. Own a great stereo system.
16. Be the first to say, "Hello."
17. Live beneath your means.

Good! Now you're all caught up! As for the buddies part of the title? Well, I've finally met someone! She's the fiance of someone who works with Jonas. They have a gorgeous baby girl, so not only do I get to hang out with the cool mom (who's just a couple years older than me), but Keegan also has an older girlfriend. :) Haha, we went to this place called The Boardwalk yesterday - it was my first time going.

It's an outdoor shopping mall with a trolly going from one end to the other! It's really neat, and trust me.. I'm not a big shopper, but I could see myself spending a good amount of time here. It's located just a few yards from the Red River, so you can also walk on the riverside. There's a big fountain that shoots water up out of maybe 6 or 8 different places. While Kalie (the cool mom) and I were there yesterday, I saw probably 15 children under two years old, so it's a great place for kids and families to go. Needless to say - it may have been my first visit to the Louisiana Boardwalk, but it will most certainly not be my last!

Okay, and I leave you with this new rule of the day! :

Rule #18. Drive inexpensive cars, but own the best house you can afford.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

well those are some good rules to live by. happy new year!!!! love you.

Lisa said...

oh--and why isn't there a category to pick more than 5 children!!! LOL