Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jonas Gets Surgery!

Alright, I'm going to be posting pictures, so I advise those of you with weak stomachs or that are disgusting by feet/toes, do not scroll down! If you want view a different post, click on the links to the right to go directly to that post.




















Jonas has had an ingrown toenail for a couple of weeks now. We both kept ignoring it because we both have had them before and they've healed naturally. Well, as you can see in the picture below, his got quite infected.



Jonas is on his feet the whole time he's at work, and he works 12 hour shifts. He has to wear steel toed boots which may be a bit too small for him, so you can only imagine how much pain he was in. I (being the good wife I am) surprised him with a text message yesterday saying "Tomorrow morning. 10:00 AM. You're getting surgery." He was a bit apprehensive at first; he has never had this surgery before! I told him that I have had it done four times and it would be soo worth it, so he finally agreed to do it.

At first, I thought he was mad at me for making the appointment, but he soon made those thoughts go away this morning before we left for the doctor by saying "I can't wait for this feeling to leave. It hurts so bad, I just want them to cut my entire toe off."

Well...he got what he wanted. When we got to the doctor, they said that the infection had grown so bad that they had to amputate the toe.





















Just kidding. :) Hehe, but here's his toe right before he had the "surgery," just after he received two GIANT shots.

Keegan could see that his daddy was a bit nervous, so he was there to console him.

The next one is probably the most gruesome.. I don't find it gross, but I also kind of have a strong stomach (I have to if I want to be a nurse, right?) What he basically did was stick his clippers underneath the toenail, clip it, then remove it from the side of his toe. It was pretty neat to watch. Even the scaredy-cat Jonas watched.

The next is his nail that the doctor removed. You can see the curves from where his skin was..it is exactly as it would be if you were to look at your own toe (top part at end of toe and bottom at the root). How weird is that?!

The doctor says he'll be FULLY recovered within two weeks, but he will definitely be able to return back to work on Thursday night. We just might have to get him some bigger shoes...

Rule #56. Never mention being on a diet.

2 comments:

Lana M. said...

EEEWWWWEEEE!!!! Wow, that nail looked a hot mess! Now you and Jonus should have handled that a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago! Toes are nothing to play with! One simple infection can lead to, well, that!

I am glad to find out all went well. Hats off to lil man for being the brave one for his pops!!! He is so cuUuUuUuUuUuUuUute!

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Oh poor guy! My dad has had surgery on his a couple times but they keep coming back. I hope Jonas's stay away! Those babies hurt!