Banner

BannerFans.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Awoken by the Weather!

At about 1:00 this morning, the intense wind and lightning woke me up. I ran to the window and saw the way the trees were and I said "Oh my gosh Jonas, we're in the middle of a hurricane."

Okay, now I am new to Louisiana, but after Katrina and Ike and whatever hurricanes pass through here, I think that the weather is nothing to mess with. I just wanted to sit and watch though, I knew that we were in no serious danger. Although - Jonas and I came here (while we were living in Atlanta) during Hurricane Gustav (which had become a tropical depression) and it was barely sprinkling in Shreveport. So, when we saw the way the weather was last night, we were both a little freaked.

I went into the living room and noticed that the wind had blown our back door open. Rain had already soaked the carpet and its surroundings, including our stereo's subwoofer. I sat by the back door watching the storm as Jonas tried to video tape it. Unfortunately, he couldn't get anything because it was too dark (even with the constant lightning).

We live in an area called the "ArkLaTex." It's where the corners of the three states meet, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. Here's a clip from KTBS 3, our news station.

It's a bit blurry, so if you want to go directly to it, click on the logo above.

Rule #58. Always accept an outstretched hand.

No comments: