Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lila's Stomach Bug

At about 7:00 this morning, Delilah vomited in her bedroom. At 7:45, just as we were about to walk out the door to take Keegan to school, she did it again. I won't go into too many details, but she wound up doing it two more times on the way to Keegan's school, and once more at the doctor's office. Turns out she has a violent and contagious stomach bug. The doctor said these things typically leave as quickly as they show up, that we couldn't do much but give her some Pedialyte so that she would stay hydrated (she couldn't keep anything down) and gradually give her bland food. After a good almost four hour nap and a couple bottles of Pedialyte, she seemed to be mostly recovered. Thank Goodness!! It was a scary morning, the way she got sick scared me because she was having difficulty getting it out on her own (when she did it in the car I had to pull over and get her out of the seat and hold her face down to help her). During her nap, my friend Laura watched Keegan for me (since the doctor suggested it is contagious, I didn't want Keegan anywhere near her) and I spent the entire time hardcore disinfecting the house. Now, both my babies are in bed and seem quite healthy! Not to mention my house SPARKLES right now. I am just happy that Miss Delilah is feeling better, I felt so bad that there was nothing I could do to help her, I couldn't even feed her. :/

Keegan did a good job of trying to make her feel better though! He gave her lots of hugs and kisses, and brought her everything she wanted or needed.





Also, I am officially the Room Mom for Keegan's class! That means that I am in charge of all the events that will go on, such as parties and teacher appreciation week and stuff like that. I will notify all the parents of these events and ask for volunteers and delegate, plan the parties, etc. I am excited that his teacher reached out to me for this position! She said that she felt most comfortable talking with me (probably because Keegan's birthday was last week so she's had more contact with me than any other parent) and that I seemed comfortable with the other adults (she would much rather be in a room with the three-year-olds than with their parents!) so she feels I would be good for this. I am so glad that we decided not to wait another year to put Keegan in school, it has already done so much good for him, and for me and Delilah as well! :)

No comments: