Banner

BannerFans.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

Today was the big day!! Keegan sure was tired when we woke him up though. He certainly has to get used to being an early bird instead of a night owl!
Getting the pep talk from Daddy before leaving
Started getting excited as we got closer to leaving!
Saying "Bye Dad, I love you" before liftoff!
And voilĂ ! Here he is in his classroom with his teacher, Mrs. Broussard. She is so so sweet!
So he was perfect walking into the school. He held my hand and waited patiently and didn't try to run (this is not normal for him!). We walked in and he met his teacher and immediately gave her a hug. He then saw a little boy, Austin, playing with some blocks in the corner with the teacher's aid, and he said "C'mon Mommy, come play with me," then walked over there. Mrs. Broussard then walked me out to the hallway to talk to me, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay and that he seemed like he was going to do well. I then asked if I could go back inside to say goodbye to him, and she said it would be easier for him if I didn't. I immediately began bawling, I was sad I couldn't go say bye, scared he would be sad when he noticed I was gone, nervous he wasn't going to like it, nervous I wasn't going to like it. Mrs. Broussard hugged me, said "Oh it will be okay, you're going to make me cry" and her lip started to quiver. I just know she adores the kids already and is such a wonderful person! So I grabbed his car pool pass, and ran behind a corner, and just sobbed. I felt like such a baby! For the first twenty minutes or so after getting home, I just stared at the clock, wishing it was 11:30 already so I could go pick him up. Hmph. Lila and I had a fun girls morning in though!








And then it finally became time to go pick him up



We got a little lost on our way there (the car pool line starts in the middle of a neighborhood) so we wound up being the second to last car in line. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life! I was so excited to see him!
Mrs. Broussard said that he didn't cry and that he did really well - Keegan later told me that he did in fact cry, and that he was really sad that I wasn't there. But as soon as he got into the car, he immediately started telling us about his day (pictured below), and about all the friends he made and the activities he did. He painted today! Mrs. Broussard was kind enough to send me a picture during school so that I could see that Keegan was enjoying his time there and doing well :)
Keegan told me this morning on the way to school that he really wanted to go to the duck pond after school, so we did just that!
It didn't get very hot today, only about 85°F, so it was enjoyable and we spent the majority of our day outside again.





He climbed all the way to the top of the monkey bars by himself for the first time today!

We shared a secret conversation that nobody else could hear! :)









So, he had a very good first day! I am excited, and hope he does well tomorrow. Hopefully he is fine with me leaving, because tomorrow he will KNOW that I'm not staying with him, and I just wonder how he will be when I walk him to the classroom. I guess we'll see!! :)

No comments: