Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Three Years

It was three years ago yesterday that our little family moved to Shreveport, Louisiana. Can you believe it?? Where has the time gone? In these pictures, you can really see the changes of the last three years. It is such a short amount of time in retrospect, but for our young family many things have changed.

Keegan is not a seven-week old baby anymore. We have our sweet Delilah. We own a home! Jonas has climbed the ladder some at work. I have gone back to work part-time. Keegan is in preschool now. I am Room Mom for his class. Lila is climbing on the furniture. Jonas is making new friends outside of work. I got a car. I sold my car. Jonas got a car. I got a different car. We no longer have our little green truck that gave us many years of transportation. I went back to school. Still no degree, but making progress. Jonas went back to school - for work. He will work on his Masters next. Keegan is going on the potty. Keegan has slept in our bed nearly every night for the last year. Keegan slept in his bed the last three nights. Delilah blows kisses. Delilah loves to cuddle. Bobo and Sophie are our little loves. Bobo is comfortable enough with the kids again (a year and a half after his surgery) and is back to cuddling with them. Sophie never stopped cuddling with them, but has her moments. I was in a movie. Keegan should be in movies. Keegan is very animated. Delilah is a Momma's Girl. Delilah is a Daddy's Girl. Keegan is Keegan's Boy. Keegan is Delilah's copy-cat. Jonas is quite the handyman. Jonas is the smartest person I know. I am not really playing the piano anymore. I teach the piano more now. We had a dog. She wasn't what the shelter told us she was. We miss that dog. We had another dog. He wasn't what we thought he would be. We don't really miss that dog - we're happy with where he is now. We got yet another dog. He gave us a wonderful year. He got sick too much, we never knew why. We miss that dog terribly. We won't get another dog for many many years, don't worry. We had an apartment. We rented a house. The house was moldy. We didn't know it for two years. It made me terribly ill. We left that house. We bought a house. I love decorating our house..our Home. We have a fish. We got the fish for Keegan when we brought Delilah home from the hospital. Said fish is invincible. She. Just. Won't. Die. Keegan loves to play beanie babies. Keegan loves to play with his cars. Keegan loves to role-play. Delilah loves music. Delilah loves her baby dolls. I love arts and crafts. I love photography. I love scrapbooking. Jonas loves his kids. Jonas loves Fifa. Jonas loves his truck. Keegan hates being called Keegsy. Delilah hates being left alone. I hate folding clothes. Jonas hates driving with me in the car. ;)

I think that just about sums up the past three years. I couldn't have stood living here this long without my best friend by my side. I love every second with you, Jonas!! I also couldn't have made it this long without the small handful of close friends I've made here. Amber, Heather, Celeste, and Julia. I don't know what I'd do without you girls! And, of course, it is all worth it because of my two little darlings. Everything we do, we do for them. They are everything in this world. They are our hearts.

No comments: