Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Work, Work, Work!

Well, the break was good while it lasted. Jonas went back to work yesterday after having only 48 hours off. This schedule is tough, I can't wait for it to get straightened out.

This machine is called the "winder" and it's what Jonas works on at work. To the best of my knowledge, it's the end of the machine where all of the paper is spun onto reels. I've found a picture on the internet and I'll try to explain what exactly they do where Jonas works. (I'm sure he'll post later editing it haha).
Pratt Industries is a 100% recycled company, so the first two steps do not apply for Jonas. After those steps comes the wet end. This is to clean all the paper. Then comes the dry end (self explanatory. Then comes Jonas's machine...the winder. Can you imagine if there is a paper break in there somewhere? Somehow, there's a downstairs (maybe directly under the entire winder machine?) and when there's a break, depending on how long they go before noticing, it piles up to above his head. I'm not really sure if they have to start completely over with that paper or what. Maybe I should've learned more about this before posting about it?

David is working on the dry end. I'm pretty sure Kalie knows more about all this then I do, maybe she'll post about it in her blog...

Rule #77. When someone wants to hire you, even if it's for a job you have little interest in, talk to them. Never close the door on an opportunity until you've had a chance to hear the offer in person.

No comments: