Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lila is Talking!

It's been a while since I've updated about anything other than the 365 Day Project, so I figured I would let everybody know about Lila's progress in speech! I guess she has hit that point where she picks things up rather quickly and starts putting words together more clearly.  Starting about three weeks ago, she started recognizing me as "Mimi" (mee-mee), and now I am Mama.  She says "Let's go!" and "Come on" and "Night night".  She says "no" in response to questions, and when she wants to say yes, she just babbles and nods her head and smiles.  She says "Bear" and absolutely LOVES her bear, she can't go anywhere without it and if she happens to part from it and sees it, she giggles uncontrollably, it's adorable!  She can kind of count, thanks to Keegan being a little trouble maker! I start counting to three whenever he is doing something he shouldn't, so I say "One!" and then Lila pipes in "Two! Three!" I know I should make her stop because that's not her place to say to Keegan, but how do you stop such an adorable and innocent little girl?!  :)  She understands the meaning behind bye bye, and tries to say it but it comes out with a D instead of a B.."die die!" If she doesn't say it in such a sweet way, I might be concerned, haha.  She says "Cheese" when she goes to take a picture of somebody with her camera.  She says syllables that sound like "I love you", it's not quite right, more like "I uh oo" but it's always after we say it to her, so I think she will get that soon.  All of this is just in the last two weeks! She is such a great listener, and is always looking out for everybody.  She [almost] always obeys us when we ask her to do something, and she is such a cuddle bug! We are so lucky to have her as our daughter!!  :)

No comments: