Banner

BannerFans.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yadda Yadda Yadda!

Keegan is talking more and more every day. He never ceases to amaze me.

A couple days ago, I was watching Good Morning America when a story about Micah Andrews (two-year-old suffers horrific injury and survives) came on and brought tears to my eyes. Keegan saw my tears and got a very concerned look on his face. He went back and forth, looking at me, then the tv, then back at me. Once the clip ended, Keegan grabbed my hand and said, "Mommy, look, it's all done! Please don't cry Mommy." It was the sweetest thing ever! He said it with a look of genuine concern on his face, ahh. He's my little angel.

He has this new way of asking for candy and other things like that. He says "Mommy, I need candy! I NEED IT!" and then I'll say, "Oh, are you sure about that?" he says "Yeah, but only one more. That's it!" So (like the sucker that I am) I'll give him a piece of candy, then we start over, but he reassures me, again, "Only one more, that's it!" Haha

The kids and myself have been sick for the past week. Even though Keegan was running a fever and has had a terribly upset stomach, he still remained his sister's keeper. Last night, after their bath, Keegan said to Jonas, "Careful, Daddy. Lila's sick." He then hopped up to where Lila was sitting on the rocking chair and cuddled with her, as if to protect her.

A few minutes later, we were sitting on the couch and Lila fell asleep. Keegan looked at her closely while Jonas and I were having a conversation, and suddenly Keegan WHISPERED "Shh! Quiet, Lila's sleeping," and he kissed her on the forehead, like he always does when I am putting her to bed (whether it be for the night or just for a nap - he freaks out if I put her to bed without him giving her a kiss). Such a sweetie pie!!

Lila can roll over front-to-back and maybe even back-to-front, although I'm not sure. I've seen her go from her back to her side, but not all the way to the front, but who know what she does when she's in her bed and I can't see her. She will hold her bottle for a couple minutes at a time, and only sometimes, but she's definitely making progress! She can't sit up yet for longer than a few seconds, but she's still young :)
Rule #288. Discipline yourself to save money. It's essential to success.

No comments: