Banner

BannerFans.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

Oma Arrives... and Meets Bingo!

Yesterday, Keegan and I picked Oma (Jonas's mom) up from the airport and spent the night in Dallas with her. I managed to keep Bingo a secret, and right before we walked into the door to the apartment this morning, I said to her "Oh, by the way, I think we have a small rodent problem."

She came in and said hello, and about ten minutes later, we heard Bingo drinking from the cat bowl. I looked and saw both of the cats looking into the kitchen...the perfect opportunity.

Me: "See? Jonas, I really think we have mice or rats or something, do you hear that??"
Oma: "Yeah, I hear it." {*walks into the kitchen*} "AHH!!!! Yeah yeah, it's there! Look! It's drinking! Ahh! It's there! Ahh!"

She sort of hid behind the wall to the kitchen and crouched down and continued to point and look back at us and point. So I peek over the counter and, still trying not to reveal our secret, said:

"Oh my gosh, yeah! Jonas look! It looks like a small possum!!"

Jonas ruined it by calmly laughing and the joke was over, but I found it to be funny while it lasted.
The next few weeks will be filled with fun, after today being our day of rest. Have a great weekend!

Rule #106. Never cheat.

No comments: