Banner

BannerFans.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick Update

Not much has happened in the past month (I say that, and yet probably so much has happened!).  KP started his second year of school last week, and it is going really well.  He loves his teacher, and has a couple kids from his class last year in the same class as him this year, so that's great.  He fell down on his second day of school, scraped his knee.  Then, on the third day of school (the very next day), he fell and scraped the same knee again.  It was a big of a dramatic thing for him, but thank goodness he is fully recovered from his ordeal (lol).

Delilah is talking more and more.  She can tell us most of the things she needs or wants now.  She maybe isn't saying so many more words as she was before, but she speaks more clearly and more direct now.  Every morning, I go in there to get her and begin to change her diaper, and she said, "I want Daddy. Where is Daddy?" She is a MAJOR daddy's girl.  She'll say, "I want eat" or "I want Kabab" ('kabab' is her way of saying what we normally call 'kaba' - chocolate milk.. that extra 'B' at the end is adorable).  She loves to ride in the car and play outside, she is always saying, "I want shoes, lets go!"  She can point out most of her body parts, and is the best cuddle buddy you could ever imagine. Her eating habits are still pretty poor, but we have recently switched her to a protein shake instead of regular kaba, and it is going well!  Speaking of eating habits, Keegan's are much better, and he nearly finishes his whole plate at dinnertime. That's a huge success for us!

Another update from Keegan, and this one is the most exciting - he can write his name!!!
He completely took me by surprise the other night when he first started doing it.  The first time, I helped him slightly with his 'G', then he proceeded to write his name completely and totally by himself at least six times that night alone!! We are so proud of him, I can't even put it into words.  Did I mention that he is still THREE YEARS OLD??  (okay, fine, he turns four on Saturday...but he's still three!).  C'mon, let me brag a little.  :)  
WAY TO GO, KP!!

No comments: