Banner

BannerFans.com

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Crawfish

In early June (I have one pic of it in the 365 Day Project), we went to some dear friends' house and ate crawfish for the first time! We have been in Louisiana since 2008, but 2012 is the first year we had gumbo, jumbalaya, and crawfish.  The kids had a great time, and they even tried the crawfish too - it was too spicy for their liking.  I didn't like the after taste, I'm not a big seafood person.  Jonas isn't a fan of spicy food, but he loved the crawfish! He probably ate 20 lbs of it!

 Jonas's first bite play-by-play


 Lila as more playing with the shell
 Sweet Anna Belle (4) and I
 Going.....
 Going....
Uh oh! Anna flipped over but was fine, nothing a pretty bandaid and kisses can't fix!

 Lila had about 10 pieces of chicken.  She has a really bad habit of taking a few bites of something, anything (cookies, chicken wings, etc.) and leaving the rest and going to start another one.


 I know this may be inappropriate, but I am at a point in my life now where I am done trying to hide who I am and what I do from anybody.  If you are to judge me, there is nothing I can do about that.  The way I grew up, I never knew this world existed.  When I went to Germany for the first time, it was such a shock to me to see everybody drinking, even the grandparents - especially the grandparents.  Even still, I am somewhat stunned to see my elders drinking.  So here I am, playing drinking games (you know, those things that college kids do?) with our friends' grandparents. So funny!
 The kids got to stay up late and watch a movie.  Lila won't lay down anywhere but in her bed, or in a bed with her parents, so she was up and about with us.


I am glad to know Chris and Amanda! (you'll see in the next few posts, they are with us, so I will introduce them to you)  Chris works with Jonas, so that is how we all met.  Amanda is my age, and Chris is Jonas's age, so that in itself - to find somebody our age and on our page - is something that is so awesome.  They have three kids - Anna Belle is about a year older than Keegan, she will be five in August - Camden just turned two on July 6th, so he is about three weeks older than Delilah - and Cohen is their baby, he just turned four months old!  All of the kids get along well, and that is what makes the friendship so much easier.  We love them all!

No comments: