Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Day Back

Keegan's first day back to school was today! It was the coldest morning we have had in a while, probably all season. Poor Keegan was so tired - we all have to get back into the groove of things!
I thought these grumpy "back-to-school" faces didn't come until later in life??
But if we all know anything about Keegan, it's that even when he's tired, he's never really tired! He hasn't napped in the longest time, and still is a little ball of energy late at night! I wish I had his energy!
He says the funniest things sometimes. Today, Lila was having major issues with her belly, and I called Jonas in to help me and I guess Keegan could see that I was overwhelmed and feeling helpless, so he said to me, "You're a really good mommy!" out of the blue. I said, "Oh thank you sweetie, I just don't know what I would do if you would both be sick or something, I just couldn't take that!" He kind of chuckled then said, "That's the terrible-ist thing I've ever heard of!" It was too funny!

The other night, Jonas had told him he needed to clean up the playroom. I didn't know of this, and a few minutes go by and Keegan comes into the family room with a very serious look on his face. He says, "Mommy, I have something very dangerous I need for you to do for me. And it's getting dark outside so I need you to do it carefully and quickly. The dangerous thing I need for you to do is...clean up my cars for me." You should've seen his face. He was dead serious!

Earlier that day, I had been telling Keegan how beautiful he was and he was being just such a sweetheart all day, so I said as we were all sitting together, "How did we get so lucky? We have the best son AND the best daughter!" Keegan chimed in, speaking for himself and for Lila, "And we have the best Mommy and the best Daddy!" So I retaliated with, "AND we are all pretty!" Keegan quickly comes back with, "Well, you and Lila are pretty... me and Daddy are beautiful." He cracks me up constantly!

No comments: