Banner

BannerFans.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bye Bye Bootsy

Yup, so it's finally been done. I finally gave in to Jonas's wishes (and my mom's) and I got rid of my kitty.


I've had her for almost a year which, in my short life, is a long time. I was her only known mama - I had her since she was about three months old. She was just a little baby. Her birthday is June 29, 2007. She was such a sweet cat (although all of my siblings will try to tell you otherwise). And just look at her - isn't she just the cutest thing??



She was always the sweet nurturer who cared more about her kittens (and me, of course) more than anything.




I didn't think I could ever get rid of her. I've been thinking about it for quite some time now, just because I know that two cats is easier and more pleasurable than three, especially for a limited living space, such as ours. I found an animal shelter online that wouldn't kill animals. We had to come up with some sort of story for them to ensure that we could leave her there. So, Jonas walks in and leaves Boots with her papers and they said they'd take care of it. They have a website - http://www.southernhope.org/ - and I've been checking everyday to see if her picture is there (if you go there, you'll see they have a bio and picture for each adoptable animal). I'm really hoping that they actually do/did take care of her. I just know I'll be very upset if I don't see her picture up there soon, because I'll only think the worst.





There was another cat in the house, Milly. She was my roommate's cat from college. Amanda (my old roommate) has Milly now and is trying to figure out what to do with her because she can't keep her.






The other two cats are the kittens from Boots's first litter. On March 16th, 2008, Boots gave birth to four kittens. I was in Germany, unfortunately, so I wasn't there to see the birth or to take care of them. Two of the kittens died, and the other two, Bo and Sophie, are the cats that we still have today. On July 2nd, 2008, Boots gave birth to another litter, this one with five babies. Unfortunately, none of the kittens made it. Maybe it's a sign that no cat under one year old should attempt to give birth to two litters.


This is Bo. He is our sweet boy. He craves attention all of the time, which is nice because often times we go throughout the whole day without leaving the house.








This is Sophie, our baby girl. Ever since her mama left, she has been a lot sweeter to me and Jonas (Jonas really really didn't like her before, but I think things are a lot different now).

No comments: