Banner

BannerFans.com

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Well, this was our first Thanksgiving EVER without my family. 2007 was Jonas' first Thanksgiving, which he spent with my family, along with 2008. Well, this year, I decided it was time to be a big girl and try to do it all on my own. I was pleasantly surprised! I cooked for Jonas and Keegan, of course, and our neighbor David (whose wife was out of town) and neighbor Celeste (whose boyfriend was at work). These pictures don't even capture the whole gist of it.. it's the smell of the food throughout the house that was so delectable.

Cleaning the 14 lb turkey
Stuffing it (which Jonas thought was the grossest thing)
Pouring the delicious König Pilsener over it
Sautéing the vegetables for the stuffing
Mixing it all together
My boys enjoying time together on Thanksgiving
Before....
Almost ready...
The final product!
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls!

Rule #202. Show respect for all living things.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

look at you! that's awesome sam!

Jenna said...

this looks awesome! i still have yet to make my own thanksgiving meal! hehe