Banner

BannerFans.com

Saturday, September 5, 2009

George Cameran Menden

Today marks the four year anniversary of my dear friend Cameran's death.


On this day every year, I remember all the times he and I had together. I've known him since the day I moved to Georgia when I was eight years old. He was my first friend, and my best friend. Junior year, I lost him in a car accident. He is the reason why I take so many pictures now. He and I shared eight years together and don't have a single picture to show for it. I was against taking pictures, I thought it was stupid... After I lost him, I thought to myself, "I don't even have a picture to hold onto that represents the friendship that he and I had
together." With every friendship I've had since his death, I've taken pictures every opportunity I got. With Keegan, I will continue to take pictures constantly. You've got to have something to hold on to...

Today, my thoughts and prayers are with his family - his parents George and Laurie, and his sisters, Lindsay and Courtney. What a wonderful boy you've brought into this world, he will never be forgotten.


Rule #179. Be your wife's best friend.

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Great job, Samantha. I'm proud of you for having the courage to post about your loss.

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Sorry about your friend! I'm glad you posted about him! I love that you can remember the good times that you shared with him! Keep taking pictures! Not only are they for you but for us too! Love ya